Wednesday 16 July 2008

The Oregon Trail

I was supposed to have a dream last night where I took off on my motorbike and had the greatest adventure, I re met someone, got married, and found gold. But the dream wasn't like that because I took off on a motorbike, and then got woken up.

It was Amac coming back from Germany...

When I went back to sleep I was travelling light and on my own, and somehow wound up in a sleezy gaff where drunk truck drivers watched dead eyed hookers flick flack down the bar. Guess not every dream turns out OK.

And that's what I did preparing for this worlds, travelling light and training on my own wasn't great, and possibly my biggest error. Sure things would have been different if the wind was, well, how I dreamt it would be, but it wasn't. Anyway I didnt have much choice. What the fuck, dry your eyes princess and harden up a bit.

My boat is good but I learnt too late about the importance of lift from the main foil on the works, knocking it back to stay in the water downwind is the equivalent of an upwind handbrake, and it needs better control to compete with the others with an aggresive angle of attack.

But I know what to do now.

Amac, who has been staying with me, sailed it the other day and has given me a wand.

Actually we've had fun...Except I cant find the masters trophy.

Do we live to fight another day? Sure...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, princess!!
No, not every dream turns out OK, but keep on dreaming!! It makes life so much better.
Dutchgirl

Tom said...

"...somehow wound up in a sleezy gaff where drunk truck drivers watched dead eyed hookers flick flack down the bar."

I love this. It's like a line from Sin City.

Anonymous said...

Since you have been back from the worlds, your sons wont stop playing "the Final countdown"

watch out for foiling Oppis
V