Wednesday 22 April 2009

Glyn's race

It's the Glyn Charles Pursuit Race at Hayling Island Sailing Club this Saturday. Please do come, whether you sail a moth or not. It's open to all dinghies and small racing keel boats with a handicap number below 1432. Glynn was lost in the Sydney Hobart race some ten years ago, he loved Moths and this race is about remembering him, raising money and having fun. There is a stunning array of prizes and although you will have to go some to win in a Moth (Our handicap number is currently 586 courtesy of lapping those mobile chicanes, the International 14's, 3 times last year). Who cares..

Necessity breeds invention, I need a break and I'm going to give it a go in my Mach 2. The weather forecast looks good, I've got me porridge and its time to light the afterburners. Holiday for two anyone?

OK, well just come down and watch, and see the boat too.

Talking of invention its was great to hear, at the recent Olympic dinner at Hayling, some of the enterprising business ideas that my friends have had to beat the recession. My "best lateral thinking award" went to Mark, who recognising the DNA that ensured success for the "French Connection" clothing company (FCUK), was along way down the road to announcing the launch of his own clothing brand "CNUT"....

I can just see that one on "The Dragon's Den..."

See you Saturday?

S

2 comments:

Patrice A. said...

Holland is lovely at the moment!
;-}

Anonymous said...

Its Dragons' Den!