Sunday 13 February 2011

Who loves, raves.

Having previously not cared when I get my new Mach 2 I now find I'm looking at the order spread sheet as often as middle eastern president might look out of the window. Why? well because on a day when everyone else is doing other things (or in short not around to entertain me) I'm consequently bored. I should of course be freezing my nuts off belting down a reach at Hayling Island, but instead I'm reading motorcycle books and, having now decided not to sell my merc on ebay, I'm trying to buy it off myself so that no one else can.

At least its something to do.

Earlier I consumed the Sunday Times, and then warmed by an article from a guy who said that he was inspired to write a book on the male equivalent of "Eat, Pray, Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert on a womans search for self awareness following a divorce, I decided action was in order and I headed for the gym. (His book will be called "Drink, Shag, Fight" incidentally) The gym though was not what it should be and after years of doing the same routine they stuck a stick in my spokes by changing all the equipment around. This had me so out of sorts that I found myself sitting in the corner rocking back and forth and hooting, in the same way a gambling machine at the Belmont 16's shouts "tilt" when you smack it one .

Everything is different this year it seems and February is the cruellest month of all, but as the English Romantic Poet Percy Shelly said "Nothing wilts faster than laurels that have been rested upon", I tried that and he's right, so work out I must! Even if that means having to be shown how to use a machine by some kid who also has to ask me if I have any piercings or body art.

So whats the point of this post you say? Well to empty my mind, and nothing more. Now back to the spreadsheet.

3 comments:

tillerman said...

Man, you should write like this more often.

Patrice A. said...

I do agree with tillerman!

Charlie said...

You are one of the better writers around; what are you wasting your time on sailing for?